Follow on FaceBook

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Best Welcome!

Hi, I'm so happy you lot stopped by!  I'm {flattered} too {humbled} at the same time.  My advert is Jen aka Strawberry Jen (straw/Jen/berry) too I am a mom too Girl Scout Leader in California.  I was inspired, no compelled, to write this blog. Why?  Because I was contacted past times dozens of leaders, quest for resources on blogging, organizing too creating troop documents. They had stumbled upon my troop calendar on Scribd, or my troop weblog (gstroop1949.blogspot.com), or wondered near graphics too fonts I used.  I was happy to assist and flattered (there's that give-and-take again) to last asked to share. Then, I began seeing my materials pinned on Pinterest! {honored!} I love, love creating graphics, logos, spreadsheets, templates, etc. for every facet of my life, but most of all for Girl Scouts. 

In my four-going-on-five years beingness a leader, I scoured the spider web for ideas...ideas to brand badge earning streamlined too time-efficient. Ideas for how to select activities that lucifer into the range of time, budget too effectiveness of my troop.  Most of us are mothers, receive got jobs too other interests with Girl Scouts beingness simply 1 component division of the whole pie. From the beginning I felt bogged downwardly inward detail.  There is a wealth of data too resources available from council trainings, the web, other leaders, etc. but what was the best trend to get together too weed through it all?  As leaders, nosotros all receive got dissimilar strengths too weaknesses.  Some of us are goodness at camping, some at sewing, some at community service too others at mentoring.  I asked myself, "where is the nitty gritty?"  What is the best trend to care troop fourth dimension betwixt outings earning participation patches too meetings earning badges?  How many council activities should nosotros participate in? How create you lot engage parents to participate?  How create you lot bargain amongst conduct issues that resurface?  At times I felt similar I was flailing inward the dark, finding out things randomly through word-of oral cavity or stumbling upon something at the final minute.

I don't claim to last an goodness at anything other than doing my best.  I was a Girl Scout Junior for 3 years too I can't count the multitude of ways it enriched my life.  I came from a family amount of dysfunction, my parents had issues amongst alcohol abuse. Girl Scouts (along amongst church building too loving grandparents) filled the gaps that were missing.  Girl Scouts made me believe inward myself too inward plough believe inward Girl Scouts!  That's what this weblog is all about, a trend for me to plough over back.  Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 trend for me to assist leaders, inward whatever modest trend I can.  I promise that visitors volition notice something helpful to accept away from "."  Or, fifty-fifty better, if you lot receive got something to contribute, I welcome invitee bloggers. 

As a woman nurture of a 9-year-old immature lady too 2 older sons, I'm honored to conduct on the tradition of leadership.  I love Girl Scouts! I alive Girl Scouts!  ...and too hence are you.  So are the many women, girls too families that are a component division of such a great institution.