Follow on FaceBook

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Best Let's Talk Fonts!

Since I dear making graphics, it's solely natural that I dear fonts too.  If I run into a graphic I love, it's fun to lay the font that's used.  There are a span of actually skillful font identification sites on the web.  I role myfont.com/whatthefont generally only for slow idents (simple fonts that are non fancy) I role identifont.com.  What does this bring to practise amongst Girl Scouts you lot ask?  Wellll...the novel Girl Guides to Girl Scouting role dissimilar fonts for each historic menses group.  Having headings to role for a number of projects is as well as then helpful, specially if you lot brand a lot of your ain resources equally I do.  I went through as well as identified each of the fonts Girl Scouts used on the books.  Fun, right?  Surely I'm non the solely 1 that noticed that all the spines together brand a tree as well as a occupation of girls at each historic menses flat together?  Great particular Girl Scouts!



The Daisy font is called Zalderdash.  I dear it's playfulness as well as simplicity!




The Brownie font is called Kari.  It's pretty, partial print, partial handwriting way is bully for 1st as well as 2d graders.


The Junior font is a fleck to a greater extent than tricky.  I had to describe out the stops to lay this one, pregnant I had to postal service a sample on a board.  The number was a font called Éclat, only the problem:  it wasn't exactly the same font amongst the spacing as well as alignment of the lettering. So I combed the spider web as well as came across a font called Creampuff.  Creampuff was easier to notice free, which makes it skillful to role inwards a pinch.  The primary standout is that the lowercase "r" is a bit different.





The Cadette, Senior and Ambassador fonts were to a greater extent than mutual fonts so easier to identify.  Cadette is Rockwell, Seniors is Bodoni Poster ssi as well as Ambassadors is Helvetica. November 14, 2013: In my zeal at getting these fonts identified as well as up, I misidentified the Senior font.  It is indeed Bodoni Poster, only it is Bodoni Poster Italic.








 Stay tuned for what this all agency for iamgirlscouts...