Follow on FaceBook

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Best Family Home Evening board using transfer paper

This has been on my listing of projects to utilisation for to a greater extent than than a twelvemonth now.  And I lastly got around to it!  A Family Home Evening board.  We'll no longer live scrambling around come upwardly Mon nighttime deciding who is going to utilisation what.  You tin buy these, only they're much cheaper to make.



I started alongside a slice of wood.  My friend was getting rid of this in addition to asked if I wanted it.  While I didn't demand some other Christmas decoration, I knew I could run it for something else.  Perfect!  Any one-time slice of woods volition do.

This

I bring soundless to run vinyl letters.  I'm certain they would bring worked good for this project, only I didn't desire to pass whatever coin if I didn't bring to.  So I decided to layout everything on the calculator in addition to and thus delineate it on to the board.  This made it thus I didn't bring to stair out anything in addition to saved a lot of time.

This

Then I printed this out, taped it on to the board, which I painted white, in addition to slid some xanthous transfer paper betwixt the printout in addition to the board.



Then I traced the letters alongside a pen.



And they showed upwardly every bit a low-cal xanthous on the board.  So simple!



From at that spot I painted over the large letters alongside dark pigment in addition to drew over the minor letters alongside a sparse permanent marker.  Then I screwed some hooks into the board, drilled a hole inward 8 minor circles, in addition to wrote our names on the circles.  I was going to pigment the circles, only I couldn't create upwardly one's hear what colouring to do.  So to proceed it from sitting at that spot for who knows how long unfinished, I did a quick task alongside the names, knowing that I could pigment over them subsequently if I wanted to.



I'm looking forwards to to a greater extent than organized menage unit of measurement nights!