Follow on FaceBook

Monday, March 5, 2012

Best Tutorial: reusable nutrient bags

I convey piece of cake been collecting the transparent, plastic bags that sheets, toys in addition to other things come upward packaged in. Never throw these away! There are SO many dissimilar ways to role them (an obvious i existence to shop other toys, fine art supplies, or wearing clothing in.) I used a few of these bags for the windows inward our table fort, in addition to convey been pregnant to plow a few to a greater extent than into reusable nutrient bags for quite roughly time. I was finally forced to when nosotros started running depression on sandwich bags, in addition to I was determined to non purchase anymore. Lately I convey noticed how much waste materials goes out of our house, in addition to how many things larn used i time alone to live thrown away. So this is i (very small) attempt out to "reduce" in addition to "reuse" (which, inward my opinion, is fifty-fifty to a greater extent than of import than "recycle"... but to a greater extent than on that roughly other time.)

I

I excogitation to role these bags for whatsoever dry out foods (crackers, cookies, etc.) in addition to maintain using pocket-size plastic containers for the to a greater extent than messier foods that would live harder to rinse out (like apples or oranges). But we'll even therefore maintain a box of sandwich bags around... they're overnice to convey when sending people habitation amongst cookies or to role when traveling, but hopefully amongst these bags nosotros tin sack cutting dorsum a picayune bit.


What you'll need:

Plastic textile (bags)
Sewing machine
Sew-on velcro

I started past times making patterns for my bags on cardstock in addition to wanted 3 dissimilar sizes.
I

Gather together your collection of one-time plastic bags.
I

Trace the patterns onto your plastic in addition to cutting out. I therefore washed them amongst lather in addition to H2O in addition to hung them to dry.

Sew velcro onto either halt of the plastic piece. IMPORTANT: Make certain to sew together them onto dissimilar sides (one on what y'all could telephone phone the "right" side in addition to i on the "wrong" side therefore that when the handbag is folded upward the velcro volition live inward the correct spot.)
I

Fold the bottom upward in addition to sew together downwards the sides.
I

It's equally piece of cake equally that! They sew together upward pretty fast. Don't y'all dear turning one-time materials into novel stuff?! Maybe it's simply me.
I