Follow on FaceBook

Friday, March 9, 2012

Best Nesting: mobile together with nursery

Daniel came downward from bed before this calendar week amongst roughly toys strung together amongst a shoelace together with told me it was for our baby. He was all likewise excited. Looks similar it's non only me anticipating the arrival of this piffling one! That gave me the persuasion to assistance the kids brand something for the baby. Since we've never had a mobile higher upwardly the crib I persuasion that powerfulness endure a fun project, therefore nosotros got to work.

Daniel


First I drilled roughly holes through the tops of popsicle sticks, therefore had the kids pigment on i side of them. Designs, stripes, dots, names, any they wanted.
Daniel
Daniel
Daniel

Then I glued roughly pigment swatches I had picked upwardly from Lowe's onto the other sides therefore the mobile would tally the room together with strung them all upwardly to roughly embroidery hoops. Does it expect homemade? Very. But I similar it that way.
Daniel

Here it is hanging inward the nursery.
Daniel

And the nursery? Well, the squeamish matter close having a quaternary man child is that y'all pretty much already convey everything! I had to exhibit off this rocking chair that Pete got me correct before Daniel was born. He constitute the chair at a thrift store, therefore sewed novel pads for it (Yes! You read that right! Truth endure told, Pete's a meliorate sewer than I am... although he powerfulness non acknowledge it.)
Daniel

And an empty frame awaits a novel baby's face.
Daniel