Follow on FaceBook

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Best I'm inwards Utah!!



Yesterday, afterward a hop skip together with a boundary inward the clouds from Sacramento, I stepped off the airplane to a warm, sunny 24-hour interval inward Salt Lake City.  A friend of mine from high schoolhouse lives inward Tooele, Utah, most xl miles from SLC.  She treated me to the culinary delights of The Red Iguana, a eatery famously featured on Diners, Drive-ins together with Dives.  I had a delicious dish, called Puntas De Filete a la Nortena, which is overstep sirloin tips sautéed alongside bacon, jalapeño strips, onions together with fresh tomatoes, served alongside almond mole,   served alongside corn tortillas together with a side of refried beans. It was over-the-moon delish.

After dinner I had the privilege of assist her son's high schoolhouse football game game together with encounter her boy larn honored equally a graduating senior.  A quick pit halt to larn H2O ice cream to energize us together with then that nosotros could remain upwards together with complete my SWAPS.  Weeks prior to assist convention I began to programme my SWAPs design.  At outset I was going to larn alongside the strawberry theme, since my online self is straw/jen/berry.  But I idea most why I'm assist convention together with felt it would live on a disservice to the position down of California if I didn't stand upwards for the importance of agriculture inward our position down together with region.  As a business office of the Girl Scout Heart of Central California Council, I wanted to award precisely what makes us the "heart" of Central California.

So I came upwards alongside an agricultural-themed SWAP inward a bag.  After imitation starts together with stops, render issues, lots of online surfing to larn only the correct affair together with tricky transportation to larn it on time...here is my #GSC14 SWAP:




The Diving Girl Apples fruit crate label represents the bounty of California's agricultural heritage together with the historic significance of California's abundance of crops that feed many states.

The mini California's are self-explanatory together with cute!

The buckwheat groats is the soil together with the grass represents the fields.

Lastly, the tomato plant represents ane of Yolo County's (where I live) #1 crop!

I'm happy alongside the finished product.  Opening ceremonies are this night together with I await forrad to lots of SWAPing.