Follow on FaceBook

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Best x things to proceed your toddler/preschooler entertained piece traveling

Flying amongst iii petty boys is ever an adventure. Especially when you're yesteryear yourself as well as half-dozen months pregnant! We flew to Seattle for Christmas as well as Pete had to come upwards domicile early on for work. With or without Pete there, it's non slow to proceed petty ones entertained for an almost v hr flight, thence I tried to go equally prepared equally possible. Every nipper is dissimilar equally to what volition proceed them busy as well as happy, but these are 10 things I brought that worked for us. The nighttime earlier nosotros left, I spread everything I had prepared out on the tabular array as well as allow each of the kids pack their ain backpack. Not exclusively did that larn them excited to travel, but it helped them go to a greater extent than independent on the flying since they knew where everything was as well as knew precisely what nosotros brought.

1. Pom pom container
I made of few of the toys nosotros brought, this beingness i of them. Pete kept calling me a petty elf when he saw me cutting as well as taping as well as trying dissimilar things. This pom pom container was a winner for my 2-year old. I used a baking pulverization container, cutting it inwards one-half to larn inwards smaller thence it wouldn't direct hold upwards thence much room, cutting a small-scale foursquare inwards the lid, as well as filled it amongst pom poms. Joe loved pouring them all out as well as thence pushing them through the small-scale hole over as well as over again.
We

2. Snack bundle & H2O bottle
I gave each of the kids a gallon size ziploc purse to fill upwards amongst snacks. We included fruit snacks, fruit leather, Mandarin oranges, raisins, squeezable applesauce, as well as brute crackers, to cry a few things. In addition, I brought a few things for us to direct hold for dejeuner (bagels, string cheese, apples). Then a small-scale empty H2O bottle for each of us that nosotros filled upwards afterwards nosotros were through security.
We

3. Cheerio necklaces
Another homemade container, made from a cocoa container, as well as thence filled amongst cheerios as well as shoelaces to go strung.
We

4. Art pocket
Drawing is i matter that tin proceed my kids busy for a rattling long time. I bought these clear zipper pockets for $1 each as well as thence filled them amongst markers as well as colored pencils.
We

5. Small sketchbook
I constitute a small-scale spiral restrain sketchbook to function well. Stays opened upwards acre drawing as well as doesn't direct hold upwards a lot of room.
We

6. Small board books or Touch & Play Cards
These touch & play cards are i of my favorite things, as well as they're proficient for a lot of dissimilar ages. Joe likes to merely direct hold the cards out of the box as well as thence position them dorsum in, John as well as Dan tin become through them as well as discovery the cards that match. Even improve they're educational!
We

7. Stickers
Is in that place whatsoever nipper that doesn't beloved stickers? I bought small-scale sticker books for the kids, but for Joe I prefer these circles because he tin larn them off yesteryear himself.
We

8. Small bowl
I didn't know a unproblematic small-scale bowl would go thence useful, but it certain was! Great for keeping petty snacks in.
We

9. Magnetic regular army guys
Another toy I made. I cutting a hot chocolate container inwards half, i time to a greater extent than non wanting it to go bigger than necessary, as well as thence glued regular army guys to a magnet. After seeing that i broke when I dropped it on the ground, I taped it on to the magnet equally well. The magnets stick to the metallic parts of the container.
We

10. iPhone
I downloaded a few novel games onto my telephone earlier leaving. We don't commonly allow the kids play the games on our phone, thence beingness able to play is a exceptional process for them. My favorite game equally of tardily is 123 Color. I intend Dan could play this game all solar daytime every solar daytime if I allow him!
We

The fundamental isn't to convey a i G k things, but to go thoughtful close what you lot create bring. Quality over quantity, things that volition proceed your nipper entertained, busy as well as happy the longest. Good luck inwards your futurity travels!