Follow on FaceBook

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Best Girl Scouts Has New Fonts!



Happy Summer Everyone!

I'm therefore really excited to tell you, Girl Scouts has novel fonts!!!  Okay, I'll hold out honest, it doesn't cause got much for me to larn excited when it comes to fonts. For years Girl Scouts has had exclusive license on their Omnes font family, piece using to a greater extent than well-known gratuitous fonts for things similar the "Girl Guide to Girl Scouting".  I've posted near that here.

In 2016, Girl Scouts desired a font "suite"--a collection of fonts--versatile plenty for "age-specific flexibility".  GSUSA enlisted the services of Positype to practise fonts that would practise only that.  Introducing: Trefoil Sans as well as Trefoil Slab. These fonts, equally you'll notice, are really "Omnes-like".


In add-on to the trefoil pair, Positype created the next iterations equally well:

Shortbread Script {my favorite}:




Thin Mint Script:




Trefoil DIY:



The inwards a higher house types are adorable, cute as well as adaptable only similar Girl Scouts! Here is the Shortbread Script font inwards activeness inwards the novel Art inwards the Outdoors badge requirements:





I wishing that I could tell it volition hold out tardily to larn our hands on these fonts one-time soon, but that is non the case, non for several years. You run across the licensing of a custom, copyrighted font allows GSUSA a exclusive license of the font.  Eventually knock-offs volition hold out created as well as past times therefore it's probable Girl Scouts volition "rebrand" again.  I'm happy to run across they are keeping the build up-to-date piece withal maintaining their uniqueness.  Meanwhile I'll cash inwards one's chips along my ear to the reason inwards search of similar fonts!

To read the entire article near the creation of the novel GSUSA font suite, become here.