Follow on FaceBook

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Best Toddler bed quilt

We of late kicked Joe out of the plant nursery together with moved him inwards amongst his older brothers inwards training for the babe (8 weeks together with six days to go! But who's counting?) We railroad train the toddler bed side past times side to the bunks, together with I decided to plough over my mitt a endeavour at quilt making. Here's the lastly outcome inwards all its glory. It's made from scraps of the bunk downwardly comforter covers, some cloth I used years agone to brand pj's for Pete together with John, some onetime pajamas of mine, together with some of Pete's together with Dan's onetime jeans. This was my get-go quilt, together with I actually didn't know what I was doing, simply I'll rate yous what I did anyway: First I cutting all the cloth into 6" squares, put them all out inwards the designing I wanted, sewed them inwards strips, together with then sewed those strips together. Then I bought flannel cloth for the bottom side together with batting for the within together with taped each layer, 1 on locomote past times of the other, to our basement floor, making certain to larn all of the wrinkles out (a method my friend Alison told me close thence yous don't accept to purpose a quilting frame... plant good on smaller quilts.) Then I pinned the layers together every 6-8 inches, took off all the tape, tied floss inwards every corner of each square, together with then finally sewed bias record some the entire quilt. Done. I worked on this over the flat of a few weeks, an hr or thence at a time, thence it didn't look quite thence overwhelming. Consider it a success! Not the lastly quilt I'll live making.

We
We