Follow on FaceBook

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Best My Visit To the Philadelphia Museum of Art - Part 3

In my final ii weblog posts I shared some photos of my trip to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, in addition to showed you lot the exterior of the museum in addition to some antique historical china plates in addition to other goodies. Here are a few to a greater extent than photos of some things that I idea were real special... 

I'm forever amazed at art, fine craftsmanship, antiquities in addition to historical items. The spoons below are from or thence 1680-1710. And you lot idea your mom's spoons from the 70's were old!




There was a pocket-size collection of fine silverish jewelry in addition to other pocket-size objects inward the American Art department (one of my favorite areas of the museum!) I idea this Boatswain's Whistle was peculiarly cool.





I couldn't non include a photograph or ii of the fabulous miniature painted oculus jewelry...these are romantic tiny portraits of lovers eyes...sigh...






I didn't accept many photos of the paintings inward the museum. With lots of folks milling or thence the masters similar the Van Goghs, Rembrants, Monets in addition to Matisses, I reserved my photos for things that struck me every bit unusual...(I conduct maintain to add together though that I almost died when the 8 or ix twelvemonth former missy alongside her dad inward front end me at Sunflowers asked her dad if she could impact it!! Gah!! Seriously?! Thank goodness he said NO in addition to give cheers goodness it was behind glass!)

Then I came across these guys...things that brand you lot go...hmmm...

Hi I'm a lion. Hi I'm a leopard.









I also conduct maintain a affair for actually former woodwork, in addition to doors. Reeeeeely former woodwork....like 1518 old....







Sigh...






After visiting the European Art nosotros took a interruption in addition to had a cracking tiffin inward the cafeteria (there is a eatery too, if you lot desire to pass $$$, or the cafeteria if you lot desire to pass $$.) After tiffin nosotros checked out the museum gift store (pricey at $$$) in addition to and thence made our means upstairs...


Another of my real very favorite sections of the museum is the armor. Wow simply wow. This postal service shirt was HUGE! And of course of report it was from Transylvania! Gah!








My daughter's human face upward when she discovered the armor for toddlers...what?! whoa!






I promise you lot enjoyed this real pocket-size peek into the enormous Philadelphia Museum of Art! This is a museum that you lot demand to pass to a greater extent than than i solar daytime at. There is simply thence much to encounter in addition to do. I promise to become dorsum over again i solar daytime before long in addition to pass to a greater extent than fourth dimension inward the Asian Art section, which nosotros alone got a glimpse of earlier nosotros left. We had strolled close iii miles through the museum in addition to had our attain total later on a total solar daytime of looking at the amazing art. I promise i solar daytime you lot tin encounter it too. 

(Read constituent 1 - Visit to Philly Museum of Art)
(Read constituent 2 - Visit to Philly Museum of Art)


Have a cracking week!
love,
 Laura