Follow on FaceBook

Monday, April 23, 2012

Best Happy New Year! Let's Talk Activity Overload...

Recently I had a really embarrassing matter happen.  With all 8 of my Girl Scouts every bit good every bit ii parents inwards tow, I arrived at a council action an hr after it ended.  I had gotten the fourth dimension wrong.  My telephone too planner said 1 p.m. - three p.m. too the action was genuinely from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.  I was mortified. I kicked myself, shed a tear or ii too tried to plow it into a positive every bit an illustration to the girls.  I seat on a brave exterior, bought them all "Girl Scouts Rock!" patches too allow them browse the Girl Scout store.  They couldn't accept been happier.

Although our troop was able to reschedule the consequence for a afterward date, I did NOT desire that to hap again.

Then something else happened. At the foremost of the schoolhouse twelvemonth at our troop raise meeting, I had my parents sign a contract of sorts, stating that they would move responsible for whatsoever events that were paid for that their daughters ultimately did non attend for whatsoever argue except for illness.  All my parents signed willingly too were on-board.  Now delight proceed inwards mind, I'm a prolific communicator.  I proceed my troop informed through emails, Shutterfly too newspaper calendars. Last calendar month I paid for an expensive council overnighter inwards total amongst troop funds.  When I began collecting the coin for the raise portion for the aforementioned activity, I had a mom e-mail me that her miss did non desire to go.  Mind you, this mom hadn't RSVP'd yeah or no.  She's busy, plant difficult too is a bit...well...flighty.  I assumed her miss would become because she was my troop overnighter mom.  Did I shout she's also my co-leader?  I graciously sent her an e-mail too reminded her that if her miss didn't go, she would owe the troop a reimbursement. She apartment out said she wasn't going to pay.  {What?} She said she hadn't RSVPd too thus was non responsible for the money. {I grumbled too stomped my feet!} Then I had a lightbulb minute (think Gru).

I ran the stance yesteryear my troop treasurer too voila! a novel policy was born.  From directly on parents pay for all trips too activities inwards advance too are too so reimbursed when their miss attends the event.  I was advised to adopt this policy from several leaders I had met at a representative council meeting, precisely I stance my contract would suffice. After all, my parents had all signed too understood the policy, right?  In an endeavour to salve my sanity too to avoid this happening, I created an action log.  The creation of this log came correct along amongst my conclusion to call each of my vii parents too teach verbal confirmations on trips too activities.  Seven telephone calls volition salve me lots of fourth dimension too headaches.  So I designed this planner page to move used when I telephone band the parents or teach e-mail notification of their RSVPs.

Recently I had a really embarrassing matter hap Best Happy New Year!  Let's Talk Activity Overload...

As presently every bit I made it, I was inwards love, so I knew I had to portion it amongst yous all!  I know it's non the cookie resources I've promised (or the Brownie Tracker--yikes! Did I shout I operate full-time? No excuses!)

Here is how I seat it to purpose land making telephone calls:


It fifty-fifty has a location for the appointment of the call/email too for notes.  Using this method, which goes straight into my Martha Stewart planner, I don't accept post-its, emails too verbal RSVPs inwards my caput (or an empty infinite where non-RSVPs lurk inwards the shadows of ambiguity).  I modified the Excel template too it's directly laid upward for download straight here!


Please e-mail me if yous accept whatsoever needs or ideas for Cookie Sales!  I started researching to discovery out what leaders needed too didn't genuinely discovery whatsoever holes inwards the resources out there.  Please add together your suggestions to the comments below!



xoxo