Follow on FaceBook

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Best 30-minute stockings

I idea I amend postal service these stockings earlier Christmas is over. Well, I gauge it pretty much is over, but amend belatedly than never, right?! We possess got been using random stockings over the terminal few years... I made mine together with Pete's when nosotros were foremost married, together with the kids stockings were given to us yesteryear family... none of them matched of course. So I decided to whip out some matching stockings for the whole identify unit of measurement (and the newest member-to-be.) I made these inward November, exactly when the Christmas busyness was beginning, thus decided to maintain them every bit unproblematic every bit possible. They literally took me less than thirty minutes each (which all the same added upwards to iii hours, but I idea that was pretty good!) And I fifty-fifty possess got some textile left over inward illustration of whatever after additions to the identify unit of measurement :)

I

I didn't possess got pictures for a tutorial because I idea they were pretty self-explanatory, but hither are the instructions inward a nut shell.

What you'll need:
* Quilted fabric
* Bias tape
* Sewing machine

Instructions:
* Trace an one-time stocking for your pattern. Cut ii stocking shapes out of the quilted fabric. With correct sides together, sew together them together, leaving the overstep open.
* (I didn't produce this, but if you lot desire to add together a lining, it would last super slow at this point... but cutting ii of the same stocking shapes out of a thinner fabric, sew together correct sides together leaving overstep open, together with then insert into the quilted stocking. You could together with then sew together the tops (the quilted textile together with thinner fabric) together... together with then maintain on to the side yesteryear side step.)
* Sew bias record around the top. Make a modest loop amongst the bias record together with sew together on ane halt of the overstep of the stocking thus it tin last hung.

It actually is that easy! I was able to possess got a painting present of our stockings on my parents' mantle... sadly nosotros possess got no fireplace inward our house, thus had to hang them on hooks that nosotros stuck to the wall. Someday!

I