Follow on FaceBook

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Best Eat your greens: pesto pasta

My kids accept never been the best raw veggie eaters.  We're working on it.  Until they outset eating their salad, broccoli together with light-green beans (I'm non giving up!), I accept to live on to a greater extent than creative amongst how I laid upwardly together with serve veggies, peculiarly light-green ones, because those are scary.  Pesto pasta is ane house nosotros accept succeeded.


I accept works life that it doesn't affair what sort of light-green I purpose for the base... I've used basil (in the summertime when nosotros accept a lot), cilantro, parsley, spinach, even a jump greens mix.  Every batch I brand is a piffling different, I only purpose any nosotros accept on hand.  I don't usually stair out things out, but here's the basic recipe, y'all tin alter it to accommodate your taste:

Pesto Pasta

Ingredients
1 lb favorite pasta
4-8 cups greens (basil, cilantro, parsley, spinach or other greens)
1 loving cup nuts (pine nuts, cashews, peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pecans, etc. or a combination)
1/3+ loving cup olive oil
1 loving cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt

Directions
Cook pasta until al dente.  While pasta is cooking, house remaining ingredients inward a nutrient processor.


I usually attain total the nutrient processor almost to the exceed amongst greens.  I was only running low.


Pulse until smooth.  Add to a greater extent than olive crude oil if needed.


When pasta has finished cooking, relieve a duo cups of the H2O together with drain the rest.


Toss the pasta, pesto sauce together with most 1 loving cup pasta H2O (plus or minus... add together to a greater extent than H2O if the pesto isn't mixing well.)  Then serve!  I promise your kids (and you) similar it every bit much every bit nosotros do.