Follow on FaceBook

Friday, February 15, 2013

Best Simple wooden increment chart

A increment chart.  This is something that volition hold upward together with thence fun to await at xx years from now.  My sis Brittney made a vinyl increment chart for me a duo Christmas's ago, but unfortunately the vinyl does non seem to hold upward surviving inwards a habitation amongst four petty boys.  But the kids bring had together with thence much fun standing upward to it every together with thence often, measuring themselves to come across how much they've grown, together with thence I knew nosotros needed i that could withstand the exam of time.

This wooden increment nautical chart proved to hold upward a really elementary together with quick project.  If I had made it vi years ago, I likely would bring sanded it down, used stencils for the lines together with numbers, painted piece of cake together with carefully, together with stained it.  Maybe I would bring fifty-fifty added around sort of mounting device to the dorsum together with thence it could hold upward attached to a wall.  But times bring changed, together with it tin flaming hold upward a challenge to gear upward aside fifty-fifty an lx minutes to run on a project.  So don't await also closely at my crooked lines together with hand-painted numbers.

I bought this slice of forest at Lowe's together with had somebody cutting it in that place to vi 1/2 feet.  Then I did all of my measurements inwards pencil (this was the nigh fourth dimension consuming part) together with used my transfer newspaper technique to depict on the numbers.  Then I went over everything amongst dark pigment together with called it good.  I justice I went for the natural look, didn't bother sanding it or staining it.  But I quite similar how it turned out.

This This
I honey the knots inwards the wood.  I intentionally chose a slice of forest that had them.

All produce to stair out these fast-growing kids!  I'm planning on measuring everyone on their birthdays each year.  That agency nosotros tin flaming compare everyone's peak yesteryear age.  Now I simply withdraw to uncovering a expert agency to reach their height... markers? paint? forest burning?... I mightiness withdraw to experiment a bit.
This This